What is a paragraph?
* An accumulation of sentences revealing ideas, views or morals about one main idea * Many paragraphs are indented
What is paragraph unanimity?
* Has suggestions that are relevant to each other and they are presented within a logical purchase * Every single sentence ought to be related to the key idea in a few clear method
What is a theme sentence?
* The main notion of a passage is usually set by the topic sentence * Says both the subject and ideas about the subject in the paragraph * 1st sentence within a paragraph
Exactly what are the helping details in a paragraph?
* Provide support pertaining to idea and topic
* Examples or reasons
Purchases of business:
* Date (time, order)
* Spatial ( descriptive)
* Earnest (order of importance or emphasis)
* Cause & impact
* Comparison/ distinction (similarity and differences)
Exactly what are transitional words and phrases?
* Transmission to visitor shifts inside the sequence
2. Help present ideas in clear arranged way
2. Clarify interactions between concepts
Literary Equipment & Terms
Flashback: the writer interrupts the plot with the story to recreate a great incident of your earlier time; used to give additional info to the reader. Foreshadowing: the author offers an indication of future incidents in the plot Hyperbole: an extravagant hyperbole used for emphasis
Imagery: the utilization of vivid or perhaps figurative language to represent items, actions or perhaps ideas Metaphor: an implied comparison which will does NOT work with like, or as (john is a pig when he eats) Simile: an evaluation of two different things applying like or perhaps as (the drill buzzed like a high-pitched mosquito) Zusammenstellung einander widersprechender begriffe: a combination of words with contradictiory meanings, utilized deliberately to get effect (delicious torment; bitter-sweet; a little greater... ) Representation: a special comparison in which a creature or inanimate object is given human like qualities (death came knocking at my door) Suspense:...