Electron Configurations plus the Periodic Table Practice Problems History of the Atom
1 . What makes it not possible intended for an electron to continue in a set orbit around the center like a world around the sun?
2 . Clarify how emission spectra of gasses helped scientists to ascertain electrons visited in energy levels.
Energy Level Diagram
several. Draw the power level plan for Flat iron.
4. Attract the energy level diagram to get Sulfur.
a few. Draw the level picture for Argon (ar)
6. Draw the energy level diagram intended for Neon.
7. Using everything you know about electrons and levels of energy, do you think that Sulfur will certainly gain or perhaps lose electrons to achieve a noble gas configuration? Explain your solution using your energy level diagrams.
8. Bring the energy level diagram pertaining to Titanium.
on the lookout for. Draw the level picture for Strontium.
10. Bring the energy level diagram pertaining to Krypton.
14. Draw the power level picture for Xenon.
12. Employing what you know about electrons and energy levels, do you consider that Calcium supplement will gain or shed electrons to obtain a respectable gas settings? Explain your answer making use of your energy level diagrams.
ChemistryQuantum Num. & Periodic Table
13. What is the electron configuration of Iron?
18. What is the electron configuration of Bromine?
15. What is the electron configuration of Lithium?
16. What is the electron configuration of Strontium?
18. What is the electron construction of Dime?
18. What is the electron configuration of Francium?
Commendable Gas Short
19. What is the electron settings in commendable gas (shorthand) notation of Tin? twenty. What is the electron setup in respectable gas notation of Germanium? 21. Precisely what is the electron configuration in noble gas notation of Iodine? twenty-two. What is the electron setup in noble gas note of Uranium? 23. What is the electron configuration in noble gas notation of Cesium? HW:
24. What is the electron configuration in noble gas notation of Bismuth? twenty-five. What is the electron setup in rspectable gas notation of Light weight aluminum? 26. What is the electron configuration in noble gas notation of Palladium? 28. What is the electron setup in commendable gas explication of Ti? 28. Precisely what is the electron configuration in noble gas notation of Silicon? Conditions
30. Explain so why Chromium's electron configuration differs from the others than those of the expected configuration.
30. Describe why Copper's electron setup is different than that of the predicted setup.
Periodic Family members
thirty-one. Consider the Alkali precious metals
a. What is the ending of the electron settings of all Radical Metals? w. Based off of this electron configuration, do you think it is much easier for Alkalinity Metals to achieve or lose electron?
c. Compared to the Alkaline Earth Alloys, do you think the Alkali Alloys are more or less reactive. Explain your answer using information about an alkali's metals electron configuration and energy level diagram. deb. Two metals are placed in water. One particular bubbles a bit and corrodes. The other reacts strongly and induced flames to erupt from your surface from the water. Which metal do you predict is a Alkali Metal and which can be the Alkaline Earth Steel. Explain your answer.
32. A substance supply company has run out of Chlorine for its buyers. What other steel could they will suggest to replace Beryllium and why?
33. Consider the Air Family
a. What is the ending of the electron configuration with the Oxygen Friends and family? b. Structured off of this kind of electron settings, do you think it really is easier for these elements to find or reduce electron?
c. Compared to the Halogens, do you think the Oxygen friends and family elements will be more or fewer reactive? Explain your answer using information regarding an alkali's metals electron configuration and energy level diagram. d. Two pieces of iron are heated up and put in two separate containers of gas. One particular instantly corrodes, the different corrodes slowly and gradually. Which gas is the Tungsten halogen and which will...